Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight....what else?

I finally went to see the movie Twilight last night....Have had friends see it all weekend, reviews were all over the place.  I like to read, nothing to heavy, love story types...sue me I am female :)  Generally when a book that I really like becomes I movie i am not impressed...Potter movies for me were a the exception.  Great, great books....the books were still better than the movies but they were visually FANNTASTIC.  You get a picture in your mind when you read a book and for me Hogwarts looked like it was suppose to?  The characters?  unreal....you think when watching the movie that J.K. Rowling was actually thinking about the folks who played the characters while she was writing the book!  and to me it seemed like the movie came first....Twilight though? I found it a bit cheesy to be honest.  I did not realize that they were just filming this in March/April...I mean serioulsy?  filming in April and the movie was in theaters November?  what was the Rush? That is High School Musical fast :)  a couple of the actors were a little to unreal for me, BUT who's fault is that? the director...  perhaps they need a new one.  what was up with the no blinking business?   a little TOO intense...awkward.  I so wanted to like this movie and yes I KNOW it was made for teenagers, but come on when Edward said "hold on tight my little spider monkey"....the guy who played Edward must have thought that was the dumbest line he had to say!  Goofy! so they could also use a new writer...hey maybe i missed my calling?  

That being said, I am still reading book 4, did not like the second one, loved the third one.....and so far #4 is good.  And yes I will go see the second movie....with the whole weird Jacob thing...with all the teenage girls :)  I hope they pull it together!

now after all that...I so love the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Now that is some good, good, non-thinking, guiltless reading....all hail Grandma Mazur!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree wendy....duh...duh..duh